Wednesday, May 2, 2012

dear _______,

i hope you know
i hope you know that i died a little inside,
every time i defended you.
i hope you know i shook, and tears poured down my face as i read that letter.
i hope you know i slid the blade over,
and over,
and over again
shaking. crying. completely overwhelmed.
shoved over the edge.
i hope you know that every time i smile, i crack a little more
i hope you know i'm broken
i hope you, of all people, will recognize it
i hope you will see the scars
i do.
i hope you will know why
i hope they realize how much it affected me
i hope they learn about the girl they tormented
i hope they will realize how they took my heart that day and speared it on the table
under the fluorescent lights.
i hope they understand that they took my lifeline,
and drowned it along with me.
i hope they learn
i hope you learn.

sincerely,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts