Monday, April 23, 2012

before

im crying.
tears hit the keys,
exploding.
slipping water baloons.
mom enters.
she teases me about that boy.
can she not see my pain?

its too much.
i call kyra
-don't do it-don't do it- don't do it-
i try to talk my emotions out,
but it's not working.
my voice is rising,
cracking,
every pause physically draining,
-don't do it-don't do it- don't do it-
every shake,
every breathe,
-don't do it-don't do it- don't do it-
a pain.
she tries to help,
but she isn't as affected.
or doesn't show it.
i can't stand this.
-don't do it-don't do it- don't do it-


but i know i will.

i tell her i need to hang up.
-don't do it-don't do it- don't do it-
 that voice is getting weaker.
my will getting stronger

i dry my face, and walk into the hall
-knock-
mom's inside.
i lie, force a smile into my voice
"i just need to use the bathroom"
i'm getting so good at lying.

i slow back into my room,
sit there.
thoughts racing.


-knock-
"honey i'm out"
"thanks mom"


i practically fly into the room.
reach into the drawer for the razor.
the razor i purposefully broke when i was cleaning the bathroom.
the one i quickly dragged across my skin, then threw in the back of the drawer.

the one i've been thinking about since that day.


a clean start.
no tallies
new scars
this is the life
of the scarred

-E




No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts