Friday, April 20, 2012

Pain

What is pain?

Is it the blade?
Is it the scar?
Is it the shame?
Or is it the bar?
The bar of expectations
That is set too high
Doesn’t anyone know,
A caged bird can never fly?

Is it your smile?
Is it your fear?
Is it your looks?
Or is it your tears?
Your simplistic trials,
You expect me to see
How spilt milk makes you sad,
When its been finally set free

Your blindness to the truth?
Your fear of what’s real?
Your jokes that are told at
the expense of one small girl?

The signs I am sending,
The scars, billboards flashing.
Displaying all the signs,
But you’re never watching

What is pain?
Pain is never ending
Pain is all I’ve known
Pain reminds me
That I am all alone

And the melodies I breathe are not songs,
They are cries.
For caged birds can never sing
nor fly

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts