Thursday, April 19, 2012

If

If you knew my mind,
You wouldn't ignore my signs
If you opened your eyes to me,
You'd see all my pain and grief

If you tossed all your doubt aside
And looked through un-filtered eyes
If you saw the words I cry,
You wouldn't stand idling by

You would realise the words you say
Make bruises that won't fade away
And as much as I'd like to believe,
I know you will never see clearly

So behind a smile I hide.
And disguise the tears I cry.
With every faked "I'm fine",
There's a little girl who dies inside

But life is not an if
It's whens, and where's, and whys.
When will I be happy?
Where will I get in life?
And why am I hiding my cries?

If you knew my mind
You wouldn't ignore my signs.
If you understood my pain
I wouldn't be fading away

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts