Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blood

I want you to see
My wrists
The slits that dripped not blood but tears
The eyes that flooded with pain and fears
The absolute absence that I felt
Because of the words you wrote out
The stiffness, the coldness, the fact that you
Are never the same
Or ever will be

Forever gone
Never mine
Forever gone
Forever gone

I want you to see
my wrists
The slices that bring me back to focus
The pain that cuts right through the fog
I used to turn to music for peace
But that's long passed, the prologue
Because of the absence that I felt
The feelings I knew I could never let out
I'm tired of constantly hurting others
now I'm paying you back
by hurting myself

It feels good
It feels wrong
But it's the only time I ever feel right
In the midst of this never ending fight.
This constantly degrading blackened night

Blood brings the sun.
Blood brings the day.
Blood washes all
my sorrows away.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts